Event Issue Notice
We have noticed a lot of constructive comments on our measures regarding the New Year Card issue since the announcement. We deeply realize that the explanation of handling methods published in the previous announcement is very inadequate. Therefore, in this announcement, we will give a detailed description of the incident, subsequent solutions, and procedures.
1. Course of the issue
- 2023/1/17 04:08 (UTC+0) It was found that there was an abnormal number of items in the New Year Card mail.
- 2023/1/17 04:32 (UTC+0) We confirmed that the items reissued at the time have exceeded the limit. To minimize possible negative impacts, we decided to disable the functions of Mailbox.
- 2023/1/17 04:32~08:13 (UTC+0) Processed abnormal data and reopened the functions of Mailbox.
- 2023/1/17 05:43 (UTC+0) Published our first announcement that players with abnormal data will be protectively banned.
- 2023/1/17 06:35~08:25 (UTC+0) Players who claimed rewards from abnormal emails were protectively banned. During this period, we pulled the data from these players' accounts and conducted preliminary processing of relevant data, but did not process game data including game items.
- 2023/1/17 11:10 (UTC+0) Since the first announcement did not explain how we solved the problem, we hereby released the first explanation of our approach to solving the problem.
- 2023/1/17 11:10~2023/1/18 13:40 (UTC+0) Due to the quantity and complexity of data, we spent a long time on verification and processing.
- 2023/1/18/13:40 (UTC+0) Start deducting the abnormal items.
※The deductions are made in sequential order, the actual effective time may vary.
2. Q&A, and our following measures
- After the second announcement, we observed a lot of players discussing and asking questions about the problem. Therefore, we would like to address the following issues:
Q1: Why is there a compensation of 1000 Jades for protectively banned players?
A1: Since the accounts were protectively banned from 2023/1/17 06:35~08:25 (UTC+0), and they could not participate in activities and play the game normally. After careful consideration, we decided to give these players an additional compensation of 1000 Jades.
Q2: Whether only abnormal Jades will be deducted?
A2: We will not only deduct the Jades, but also deal with the random items and Coins. The subsequent processing rules are as follows:
a. For the players who claimed incorrect rewards from the abnormal email, we will deduct all the items, including Jades, Coins and items obtained from the mail. If the items are not sufficient, it will be deducted to a negative number. When the corresponding items, Jades or Coins are obtained, the quantity of the item will increase. The item will be usable until the quantity becomes a positive number. The correct event rewards will be reissued later.
※Details of item deduction will be notified by email
b. For the following items available in the "New Year Lucky Gifts", we will perform the following operations:
Ⅰ. For [Coin, Jade, Fate Amulet, Platinum Key, Gold Key, Fire Stone, Lightning Stone, Water Stone, Wind Stone, Wind Hammer, Lightning Hammer, Water Hammer, Fire Hammer, Dragon's Blood], if the amount of items possessed is greater than or equal to the deduction amount, the Items will be deducted normally; if the amount of items possessed is less than the deduction amount, the items will be deducted to a negative amount.
Ⅱ. For [Spanner], if the amount of Spanners possessed is greater than or equal to the deduction amount, the Items will be deducted normally; if the amount of Spanners possessed is less than the deduction amount, all Spanners possessed will be deducted immediately, and the insufficient part will be automatically deducted next time when obtained, until the amount to be deducted is 0.
Ⅲ. For [D-S Bounty], they will be deducted when newly corresponding bounty is obtained until the amount to be deducted is 0.
Example: If a C Bounty is incorrectly obtained, the next obtained C Bounty will be deducted automatically.
Due to the large amount and complexity of data, we spent a long time on verification and processing. In addition, due to the serious lack of explanation in the second announcement, we are deeply sorry for causing everyone's misunderstanding. We will deeply reflect on ourselves and prevent such incidents from happening again.
Q3: What did we do to players' accounts while they were protectively banned?
A3: During 2023/1/17 06:35~08:25 (UTC+0) when the accounts were protectively banned, we only pulled the data of these players' accounts and conducted preliminary processing of relevant data, but did not process the game data including game items.
- If you have any questions or dissatisfaction with our operation, you are welcome to criticize and correct at any time. In addition, you are welcome to communicate with us at any time if you have any other suggestions, comments or dissatisfaction regarding our games. Your support will be our motivation to become better.
3. Rewards for all players
To thank all players for your support and understanding during the occurrence of this problem, we will send the following rewards to all of you once again after deducting the operation:
As for this problem, we have conducted thorough internal discussion and research to prevent such problems from happening again. Thank you again for your support of Ninja Must Die.
Ninja Must Die Team